The most important part of a four-wheel vehicle is its steering wheel. It is the part through which you can control vehicles and also directions. Have you ever thought about its cleaning or keeping it clean if you don’t know how to clean it or what should you use to keep it clean then here, we will go through different facts and how cleaning of the steering wheel is important for your health.
Importance of Keeping Your Steering Wheel Clean
No doubt steering plays a keen role in a vehicle but its cleaning is also important. Most of the time people don’t pay attention to their cleaning but this wheel cleaning is very imperative, especially situations like a pandemic. That does not mean that your steering will contain material or germ but your touch will lead you to worst conditions.
Normally drivers touch anything outside and without cleaning or sanitization their hand they set in car and continue their driving in this way the steering surface will have number of germs and it becomes unhygienic.
There are different types of steering wheels that comes with your vehicle all of them are made up of different material and different cleaning product for them is available. Before cleaning your wheel make sure you are using the appropriate cleaner.
Why Should I Clean My Steering Wheel?
Steering wheels are part of the vehicle which are continuously used by you while you are on drive. If you are using the leather material wheel, then you should clean it on regular basis. Because the dust is more often present in such material and this will make breathing problem for you.
Cleaning your wheel is important for your health for example if you are an allergic person then most allergic people got problems with dust particles. If you are not cleaning your wheel on regular basis, then you will experience cold and flu.
In case you are doing a driving job then it is important to keep your vehicle clean every day specifically the steering wheel.
What are the different types of steering wheel and how to clean them? Complete Guideline!
There are different material for steering wheel that comes with vehicle their cleaning procedure often also different here we discuss some of them and method to clean them properly so that their material will not damage.
Leather Steering Wheel:
Leather steering wheel needs great care and suppose to clean every day. There are two types of leather wheels usually vehicle comes with one is pure leather and other one is faux leather. The first leather usually comes in an expensive and luxurious vehicle. However, both leather wheel needs appropriate cleaning. You have to clean it in proper way for that follow below instruction.
- Sun damage leather wheels make sure conditioner or sun protection liquid is applied properly.
- For pure or genuine leather don’t rub the cleaner with power apply gently the cleaning liquid so that your wheel will lasts for long.
- Don’t put direct cleaner on wheel brushes are available in the market use an appropriate brush to clean wheel.
- Microfiber cloth are recommended to clean wheel and other parts of the cars or vehicle put cleaner liquid or material on the microfiber and then clean the wheel in case of faux leather. Wipe and clean the wheel surface thoroughly so that stains are completely removed.
Plastic Steering Wheel:
This is the second type of wheel usually this wheel required less care as compared to the leather however you have to clean it for healthy environment. You can use spray available in a different form in the market.
- Use spray to clean plastic wheel but don’t put directly spray on steering wheel it might damage your wheel.
- Use microfiber to clean it and do not use force on it.
- While cleaning wheel take care of buttons make use the vehicle is not in running state.
Synthetic Resin Wheel:
This type of wheel are made of special type of plastic material mostly people think that synthetic resin wheel is plastic wheel but the material used in this type of material is kind of plastic. Cleaning procedure are same as mentioned above for plastic steering wheel. The material used in resin wheel is easy to clean and maintain. All the process for cleaning it same like plastic however you can use little force instead of gently cleaning it.
Metal wheel is also easy to maintain and long-lasting wheels. The most amazing thing about this type of wheels is you don’t need to buy expensive spray or other material to clean it just simply microfiber cloth dipped in water and clean wheel with it. if you want to make your metal steering wheel more shinny then there are many polish and liquid material is available in market to make it shinier.in last dry microfiber cloth or towel use to completely dry if you are using simple water for cleaning.
Wood steering wheel is made up of natural wood. Usually, these types of wheels are not come in today’s vehicles. But in old cars or vehicles, these wheels were used. The maintenance and cleaning is also easy of these wheels. You can use simply wood shining material or polish to clean it. gently put these polish or liquid on surface don’t use water or excessive cleaning material because it will damage your steering wheel.
Thinks you have to remember while cleaning steering wheels:
For proper and appropriate cleaning will lasts your steering wheel for long period of time. Before cleaning you have to take some precaution while cleaning steering wheels.
- Don’t rub hardly steering wheel when you put cleaning material on it. the hard force will spoil the material of steering.
- Don’t put anything directly on steering wheel in may harm it. put always cleaning spray or material on microfiber.
- Do not alcohol on your steering wheel the material of the wheel will affected badly.
- Don’t use excessive cleaning spray or liquid it is not suitable for steering material.
- Don’t use water because for all types of wheels the water is not suitable. Only few wheels can be clean using water and some of these mentioned above.
- Do not use detergent, shampoo and soaps to clean wheels because it will damage the color and quality of the wheels.
- Use brushed and cleaning equipment’s specially made for steering wheel cleaning do not use normal cloth piece to clean the surface.
Steering Wheel Covers:
Like other gadget casing steering wheels also have protected covers. Before choosing the covers you have to know few things about it. the cover must be comfortable because your hand always on wheel. It should not be slippery because it would be risky while driving. Make sure the material used in wheel do not get hot immediately. The steering cover will help to protect your original wheels and make it durable and sustainable for long terms.
Below are some of the best wheel cover that you can buy for your steering:
- Vaginectomy universal wheel cover (best overall performance and material)
- Volley comfy Microfiber leather (comfortable steering cover)
- Kafeek Elastic (budget friendly wheel cover)
- Sulida cover (best ever cover for grip)
- Chulian car wheel protector (most stylish cover).
Note: All these above wheel covers are made up of special protecting material and easily available online on cheap and affordable price. You can buy it on Amazon.
Importance of Cleaning Steering Wheels
Mostly the people do not pay attention towards steering of their vehicle they wash their cars by their own self but mostly the above and outside surface of the vehicle. But forget and ignore the most sensitive part of the vehicle are ignored which is its steering this is the only part which touched by human most of the time and also this parts is got damaged with sun radio waves. The research shows that the steering wheel of the vehicle contain more germs than toilet seat that’s the reason it is most unhygienic part of the cars and thus need more attention and important to clean it. it can contain dead skin particles, germs and dust that has to remove because it is important for your health also.
Pros of Cleaning Steering Wheel
Cleaning your steering wheel regularly has several benefits, such as improving your grip, removing germs and bacteria, and prolonging the life of your steering wheel. Plus, it can make your car look and feel much cleaner and more pleasant to drive. Further, details are mentioned below:
- Make habit of cleaning steering wheel for long lasting performance and maintenance.
- Useful for health as it contain bacteria dead skin cells and germs.
- Regular or weekly cleaning protect the material of steering wheels.
- Protect you from allergic reactions as steering wheel contain dust and dirt especially leather wheels.
- Clean leather wheels on permanent and regular basis because it can easily get dusty.
- Use protected cover to avoid damage. The cover should be compatible with hot and cold of season.
The steering wheels is the only part which is ofently touch and use different particle with your hands can attached to it which is the reason that wheels is polluted.
According to our search the top cleaner for your wheels is Car Guys super cleaner, chemical Guys. These are the top two cleaner that can be used for cleaning wheels. However it depends on your wheels manufacturing material.
Steering wheel is imperative part of your vehicle just like other parts and maintenance the steering wheel cleaning is also important it can be most unhygienic part of the car if does not clean regularly. There are different steering wheel type is available and the cleaning procedure for them Is also different all the terms are deeply discuss in this article. I hope it will be helpful for you. Thanks for hit.